Member Profile – Jo Valluri
- Hometown: Olathe, Kansas (born in Washim, India)
- Your role at the Rime Buddhist Center? Sangha member
- Day Job: Nurse Educator, Mom, Wife.
- Description of your hobbies: Gardening, Cooking, Traveling, Reading.
- What led you to the Dharma? Curiosity about meditation, and an opportunity to live an authentically compassionate life.
- Tell us something that most people don’t know about you? I have met a lot of famous people. Top three,Michael Jackson, Mother Teresa, and HH The Dalai Lama many ago.
- What Buddhist Book would you recommend and why? I do love Allan Wallace’s Buddhism With An Attitude: The Tibetan Seven-Point Mind Training. Hope to reread it after graduate school.
Geshe Lharampa Tsewang Thinley will be in residence for two years at the Rime Buddhist Center. While he is here, Geshe Thinley will promote three of the monastery’s objectives for its Geshes abroad. Continue reading
Classes with Geshe Thinley and the 2nd Annual Bodhisattva Challenge
It is exciting times at the Rime Buddhist Center. With Geshe Thinley’s arrival we are looking at ways that he can be of benefit to the Rime Center and greater Kansas City community. One of the main benefits Geshe-la is looking forward to is teaching the Buddhadharma, and what better way to do that then to offer a Summer time course to those who would be interested in studying with Geshe-la. Continue reading
Saga Dawa Düchen June 9, 2017
Saga Dawa Duchen is one of the most important sacred Buddhist days. The full moon day of fourth Tibetan month is commemorates Lord Buddha’s birth, enlightenment and parinirvana (passing away). All the merits of virtues actions done on this day are multiplies on hundred million times. Continue reading
July 28–30, 2017
We are delighted to welcome back Lama Lena to the Rime Center, July 28 through 30. Lama Lena will be teaching on Patrul Rinpoche’s Hitting the Essence in Three Words: “The Special Teaching of the Wise and Glorious King”. Lama Lena is a highly accomplished yogini in the Dzogchen tradition who will deliver very clear and accurate teachings on Dzogchen. She is accessible, easy to relate to, open to questions, and willing to deal directly with many of the questions to which we are seeking answers.
Register Today! Continue reading
Due to poor weather conditions the Rime Center will be closed on January 15th.
Welcome to The Rime Buddhist Center’s new core curriculum. To help accommodate those who are looking to gain a deeper and more comprehensive understanding of Tibetan Buddhism we have revamped our core classes beginning this year. This semester you will see Rime favorites like the Meditation Workshop and Basics of Buddhism. However, to help develop sangha members for the upcoming Shedra program we are encouraging sangha members to take the Tier 2 classes. Look for details below on this exciting opportunity to deepen your practice with the support of fellow practitioners. Continue reading
December 13 – January 2nd, 2017
The Rime Buddhist Center is once gain honored to host the Drepung Gomang Sacred Art Tour. This tour shares the compassion and wisdom of Tibetan Buddhist culture throughout the country. The Monks will be in Kansas City, December 13 through January 2. Please visit the KC tour Facebook page for event details, Drepung Gomang Tour – Kansas City.