November 16 – 18, 2018
We are extremely delighted to welcome back to Kansas City and the Rime Center Lama Rod Owen, November 16th & 18th. Lama Rod will be teaching on how we can achieve liberation through love and rage.
We are extremely delighted to welcome to Kansas City and the Rime Center Anyen Rinpoche, October 19 – 21st. Anyen Rinpoche will be teaching on “ground of Compassion” Introductory teachings to the Dying with Confidence Series.
Proceeds from the sale of this digital album go directly to the Rime Center to help raise funds for the temple project. Bran will be opening for Gerald Trimble July 20th at 6pm for the Benefit Concert for the Rime Center Temple Project.
It is with joyous heart that I share with you the news that with the support of the Sangha the Rime Board has purchased land for the future home of the Rime Center. We invite you to participate in a truly unique project – building the first Tibetan Buddhist Temple here in Kansas City. We are asking for your help in raising $150K for the down payment on the construction loan for the temple. Support us as we open the doors of lovingkindness to a community in need, while employing principles of access for all abilities and in the spirit of responsible financial husbandry.
A few months ago, I took Jukai with Karen Maezen Miller at the Hazy Moon Zen Center in Los Angeles. This sounds kind of exotic, but really it’s not. Maezen is my teacher. Los Angeles is where she practices. It’s as simple as that. Lama Matt asked me to write a few words, so here goes. Continue reading
We are delighted to welcome back Lama Lena to the Rime Center, June 15 through 17. Lama Lena will be giving teachings on Chenrezig and leading us through guided practices. These simple, instructions will teach you how to visualize Chenrezig. She will also be sharing a rare and unique teaching from Lama Yeshi that she received directly.
2. Role at Rime: Member, Volunteer, Student
3. Day job: My husband, Geoff, and I have a startup called Shark Off. We make shark repellent surfware jewelry. 100% effective in the KC metro area! I am Boss Momma (aka CEO) and he is Big Kahuna (aka COO). We are excited about helping people lose the fear and love the ocean.
4. Hobbies: Volunteering, reading, Netflix bingeing, doula-ing, feng shui, archery, triathlons
5. What led you to the Dharma: I was teaching and practicing Black Sect Tantric Buddhist Feng Shui. I thought I should understand what that really meant. Geoff and I also wanted our son, Max, to have a foundation in a “faith” community that truly valued humans. We took the Basics of Buddhism class in the fall of 2016 and found a home in Rime. We desperately try to quiet our chattering monkey minds a couple of times a week with our sangha.
6. Something a lot of people don’t know about you: I got to rip the door off a car with the jaws of life! And I caught my sister’s last baby. Mothers deliver babies, doulas catch babies (only when the midwife is late).
7. Buddhist book you would recommend: Buddhism is Not What You Think It Is by Steve Hagen
Join us Friday April 27th at 6 pm for this one evening pop-up workshop where we will be designing and making your own mala. Rime’s very own Christy Markham will be showing us how making a personal mala is so meaningful. You get to choose beads to suit your intention and needs, and by putting your own energy into the making of it, this mala will be one-of-a-kind!