Member Profile – Linda Sher
- Hometown: Prairie Village, KS
- Role at Rime: Service Guild Volunteer, Homeless Outreach Volunteer
- Day job: Radio Announcer, KCUR 89.3 FM Radio
- Hobbies: Knitting, coloring, baking and cooking, walking, Zumba
- What led you to the Dharma: Frankly, what led me to the Dharma was that I was tired of feeling shitty about myself. And so, I began to look for a spiritual practice that dealt with ways of letting go of ego and identification with the mind, to become more present and more mindful… and to work on letting go of judgementalness and beliefs that separate us. Also, I needed a practice that addressed working on letting go of indulgence in negative emotions…and a community where there were opportunities to demonstrate loving-kindness to others. And, of course, a community of like-minded people…and that is Rime!
- Something a lot of people don’t know about you: I’m a total movie freak and love the medium as a vehicle to learn about human nature and history…because I hate reading about history!
- Buddhist book you would recommend: Eight Mindful Steps to Happiness by Bhante Henepola Gunarantana