Looking for something to read? The Rime Center’s Reading Room is a curated space for you to connect to Buddhist Sutras as well as online books on Buddhism, Environmental, and Social Justice.
- Tibetan Kangyur and Tengyur with 84000.co – The Kangyur is the collected scriptures: the Tibetan translations of the Indian texts that are considered to be the words of the Buddha. The Tengyur is the collected treatises: the Tibetan translations of scriptural works by the great Indian Buddhist masters.
- Theravada Tripitaka with Access to Insight – The Tripiṭaka is composed of three main categories of texts that collectively constitute the Theravada Buddhist canon: the Sutra Piṭaka, the Vinaya Piṭaka, and the Abhidhamma Piṭaka.
- BuddhaNet eBooks – Here you will find our extensive collection of eBooks that were created by the Buddha Dharma Education Association Inc. for BuddhaNet.Net. The collection covers a large range of topics, from children’s books to art and history, spanning Mahayana, Theravada and other Buddhist traditions.
- Dharma eBooks – A site featuring ebook editions primarily of the Buddhist canon in Tibetan, Buddhist philosophical texts from the Tibetan traditions, and practice texts. Dharma Ebooks is a project of Dharma Treasure, which operates under the editorial guidance of the 17th Gyalwang Karmapa, Ogyen Trinley Dorje.
- Lhasey Lotsawa Translations & Publications – Translations of short practice texts and commentaries are available here for browsing and free download.
- Lotsawa House – A virtual library of translations from Tibetan, including works by Indian Buddhist masters preserved in the Tibetan language.
- The Treasury of Lives – A biographical encyclopedia of Tibet, Inner Asia, and the Himalayan region. The Treasury provides accessible and well-researched biographies of a wide range of figures, from Buddhist masters to artists and political officials; most essays are peer reviewed.
- Faith for Earth: Call for Action – Faith for Earth: A Call for Action describes the essential, unshakeable reverence that all religions have for creation and nature, and introduces the world’s major life support systems. We hope the book will give you information and inspiration to learn more about our planet, to share your knowledge and commitment to care for it, and to become part of the flourishing global interfaith movement that is increasingly bringing people together to protect and sustain life on Earth.
- Developing Trans*Competence: A Guide for Meditation and Retreat Centers – Written and edited by a group of transgender Buddhists from across the United States and a few of our committed allies, the guide offers a vision for sangha spaces that are fully welcoming to transgender practitioners. By breaking down common problems faced by trans* folks when visiting spiritual centers, the guide offers a deeper understanding of trans* people’s experiences as well as structural solutions that can be implemented in a sangha.