The health and safety of our community is the Rime Center’s highest priority. COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to spread throughout the country and it is important for us to share how we can impede its impact. We are closely monitoring guidance from the Jackson County, MO and Johnson County, KS Dept of Health and local health officials. We will continue to rely on their recommendations and expertise to inform our decisions. The risk of contracting COVID-19 remains low for those who have not been in close contact with someone diagnosed with the virus.
We can all take steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as with any virus:
- The MOST important precaution is frequent hand washing! Wash often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces (door and car handles, microwaves, fridge handles, toilets, tables, etc.).
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
If you are exhibiting signs/symptoms of COVID-19, notify your doctor and stay home. COVID-19 symptoms may include:
- Fever higher than 100.4 degrees
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) activated a statewide public hotline for citizens or providers needing guidance regarding COVID-19. The hotline can be reached at 877-435-8411. The hotline is being operated by medical professionals and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.