The Rime Center Board of Directors is looking for several sangha members to collaborate with the Board to develop the Rime Sangha Advisory Council. The intention is for the Rime Sangha Advisory Council to care for the harmony of the Rime Sangha. In the spirit of collaborative leadership, to represent the Sangha’s perspectives and suggestions regarding matters relevant to mission and culture of the Rime Center.
The chief purposes of the Rime Sangha Advisory Council are:
- To help promote unity, harmony, inclusivity and diversity within the sangha, and to help create a Rime culture in which people of all identities and a range of abilities feel welcome and supported, particularly those from groups that have been historically underrepresented or excluded.
- To empower people from diverse backgrounds to promote horizontal leadership within the Rime Center.
- To hold decision-making bodies accountable for a timely response to specific suggestions and requests from the Rime Sangha Advisory Council, and to advocate for open and trustworthy governance.
- To represent the sangha’s perspectives and suggestions regarding matters relevant to practice and learning within the Rime Center, and to share these with the Rime Class Facilitators, Spiritual and Executive Directors, Board of Directors, Affinity Groups and Program Committees.
- To model deep respect for each other’s humanity and identity in order to help manifest a beloved community throughout the Rime Buddhist Center.
Potential Rime Sangha Advisory Council members must be active members of the Rime Center.
- Current Rime Members who have attended the membership class and are in good standing with the Rime Center.
- They must also be active members of either the Jindak Community or Service Guild.
- Must sign the Rime Center’s Ethics Statement.
If you are interested in helping to collaborate with the Board to develop the Rime Sangha Advisory Council, please email Lama Matt.